Foley & Lardner, an international law firm passionate about innovation and taking care of our people, is seeking a Career Develop Manager to join the team. We take pride in being consistently recognized, not only for our innovation, but providing high quality service to our clients and infusing diversity and teamwork throughout our organization. Join forward-looking professionals working together every day to make a difference and help our clients and communities. Foley additionally offers a competitive and extensive benefits and compensation package designed to meet your needs.
The Career Development Manager is responsible for designing, coordinating, and managing all aspects of a comprehensive career development system for attorneys at all stages in their career. Specific responsibilities include working closely with practice group chairs to help associates with integration and advancement; designing and conducting career development programs; counseling individual attorneys on career development issues and working with individual attorneys to create and implement professional/career development plans; helping attorneys leverage their skills to further their career goals; managing all aspects of new associate orientation; designing and managing a firm wide mentor program including data collection and dissemination. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Psychology, or related field; JD preferred
• Five years of experience designing and implementing career and professional development programs, preferably in a law firm or other professional services environment
• Familiarity with career coaching methodology; excellent written and oral communication skills
• Project management and organizational skills
• Strong relationship management skills with all levels of attorneys and staff
• Ability to develop actionable recommendations and implementation plans
• Commitment to collaboration
• Comfortable taking initiative
To submit an application, learn more information, or pass onto professional contacts please go to Foley's Careers page under Professional Staff at https://www.foley.com/careers/staff.
We look forward to having the opportunity to connect with you!