Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Recruiting and Attorney Development Coordinator to join our winning team, located in Chicago. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Recruiting and Attorney Development Coordinator will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Recruiting and Attorney Development Coordinator at Latham, you will contribute your expertise to coordinate all activities and processes involved in attorney recruiting throughout each recruiting season, as well as supporting attorneys from their initial integration at the firm to development at every stage in their careers while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
• Assisting the Manager of Attorney Recruitment & Development with the coordination and execution of all phases of recruiting and development efforts for summer associates and attorneys.
• Coordinating and planning the summer associate program and social activities.
• Serving as a firm liaison to law school placement directors and other recruitment professionals.
• Regularly developing, building, and promoting attorney development programs and initiatives to attorneys, including Illinois CLE requirements.
• Coordinating with members of Formal Mentoring Committee to develop and implement the key elements of associate mentoring programs.
• Providing support to MPAC and other Chicago-based affinity groups.
• Assisting with management of work projects for the unassigned and summer associate programs by working directly with members of the Associates Committee and Recruiting Committee.
• Assisting with the coaching of associates through different stages of their career.
• Coordinating orientations and serving as informational point of contact to associates, new hires, transferring attorneys, applicants, lateral associates, and partners regarding orientation, integration, and attorney development issues.
• Coordinating profiles and status of all recruitment activity in LawCruit. Ensuring that physical files are opened and applicants are entered into the LawCruit system.
• Corresponding with incoming applicants to schedule interview dates and times and coordinating information for applicant and interviewer.
• Coordinating and tracking follow-up with candidates.
• Strategizing, organizing, and executing all details related to attorney-related events, meetings, and orientations.
• Developing recruiting materials, brochures, and communication information for the Recruiting Committee.
• Regularly liaising with attorneys, management, and administrative staff as contributing member of the greater team to expand, enrich and maintain office trainings and practice resources.
• Maintaining and keeping abreast of the office calendar to ensure any training or scheduling conflicts are resolved.
• Supporting various firm committees, including the Recruiting Committee, Associates Committee, Pro Bono Committee and TACE Committee, and Local Department Chairs, as directed.
• Working with others in the Global Recruiting Department and Attorney Development Department, as needed, toward common goals.
• Developing content for the Office Bulletin.
• Assisting with special projects on various issues as needed.
• Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
As a Recruiting and Attorney Development Coordinator, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Recruiting and Attorney Development Coordinator must have the confidence and discipline to work independently and provide concise and specific recommendations to Senior Management as well as the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion. An ideal candidate will display the organizational skills necessary to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines and well-developed and professional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. A JD is preferred. Two (2) years of relevant experience at a professional services organization is desired. An ideal candidate will possess Knowledge and proficiency of PC applications, including MS Office.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by visiting the Latham & Watkins online application using the link provided: https://lathamwatkins-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseacti...