Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking an Attorney Recruitment & Development Assistant to join our winning team, located in Chicago. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Attorney Recruitment & Development Assistant will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As an Attorney Recruitment & Development Assistant you will provide support to the Manager of Attorney Recruitment & Development and the team by organizing and expediting workflow in connection with all phases of attorney recruitment and development processes while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
• Assisting the Attorney Recruitment & Development Department with the coordination and execution of all attorney development, onboarding, training, and integration efforts in the office.
• Assisting with all phases of the recruitment process including new hires, lateral hires, and summer associates.
• Assisting the team with LawCruit functions related to the profiles and statuses of all recruits through extensive correspondence with candidates. May coordinate with Global HR to receive educational and employment background verifications.
• Providing support on various management committees including TACE, Pro Bono, Charitable, and our various local Affinity Groups.
• Assisting local departments and practice groups with various events, receptions, and dinners.
• Receiving, routing, forwarding, and responding to resumes for review.
• Coordinating timely interview schedules with recruits and interviewers (including travel arrangements and accommodations when applicable and/or necessary).
• Participating in local and global recruiting committee business including generating specialized recruiting reports and materials.
• Assisting in planning and coordinating the summer associate program and social activities.
• Assisting with arranging internal presentations, trainings, and social events for the attorneys in the office as required.
• Administering CLE registration sheets and course materials, ensuring AV and other technical equipment is set up timely, meeting and greeting internal and external speakers, and assisting with layout of training rooms.
• Gathering agenda items and documents team meetings as required.
• Processing expenses for attorney development events and trainings as well as expenses and reimbursements associated with recruiting efforts.
• Keeping abreast of the office calendar to ensure any training or scheduling conflicts are resolved.
• Assisting with research and special projects on various issues as needed.
• Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
As an Attorney Recruitment & Development Assistant, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Attorney Recruitment & Development Assistant will develop and maintain a courteous, professional, and effective working relationship with clients, vendors, and other representatives of external organizations while utilizing the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines. An ideal candidate will possess attention to detail for all projects as well as keeping the bigger picture as the common end-goal while displaying the ability to develop alternative solutions and plans as needs arise.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Relevant work experience is preferred but not required. One (1) to two (2) years administrative or office experience in a related field is desired. An ideal candidate will possess Knowledge and proficiency of PC applications, including MS Office.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by visiting the Latham & Watkins online application using the link provided: https://lathamwatkins-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseacti...