The Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP is seeking a Firmwide Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator. This individual will focus on Kirkland’s diversity and inclusion initiatives and will be a key member of our Firmwide Attorney Human Resources team.
Attorney Human Resources comprises attorney recruiting, attorney professional development, attorney training, diversity, pro bono and alumni relations. The Firmwide Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator will report to the Firmwide Director of Diversity and Inclusion and will provide support for the committees providing leadership in the diversity arena. Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, coordinating diversity programs, events, budgets, sponsorships, awards, and internal and external communications, organizing diversity-related marketing materials, researching industry trends, preparing detailed analyses of Firm diversity metrics and drafting and coordinating responses to external client requests and surveys. The Firmwide Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator will also contribute to other duties and special projects as assigned to advance our attorney recruiting, retention and promotion efforts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
• Coordination of diversity programming, budgeting, sponsorships, events and awards
• Scheduling and facilitation of committee meetings as necessary
• Coordination of internal and external diversity-related communications, including the Firm website and other diversity marketing materials
• Benchmarking and industry research;
• Analysis and reporting of diversity metrics
• Drafting and coordinating responses for client and external diversity surveys
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Firmwide Director of Diversity and Inclusion, including analysis and reporting for the Diversity Integration Task Force, Diversity & Inclusion Committee and Subcommittees
Education, Work Experience, Skills
• A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of HR or related experience in a professional services environment is required (law firm experience preferred).
• The ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and meet concrete deadlines, have a positive/can-do attitude, and be a solid team player.
• The ability to perform analytical work with a high level of attention to detail and high standards for proofreading, accuracy and quality are required.
• Maintaining positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation and using sound independent judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information are also required.
• Familiarity with research and statistical reporting is required.
• A demonstrated interest in diversity and/or women’s issues is required.
• Advanced familiarity with standard office technology applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, with particular emphasis on PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel (including v-lookup and pivot tables) is required.