The Attorney Recruiting Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Attorney Recruiting, the Attorney Recruiting Specialist and East Coast Attorney Recruiting Manager on implementing the firm’s Chicago and Charlotte Office recruiting initiatives. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
• Assist with planning, coordinating and executing the annual summer associate program in the Chicago and Charlotte office; prepare orientation schedule and orientation handbook, coordinate social event details and educational program setup, coordinate all social and training program invitations with marketing, send event reminders and track RSVPs, prepare materials for summer associate reviews. Participate and attend all Chicago summer associate social events.
• Assist with all aspects of the Chicago and Charlotte office on-campus interview process including, but may not be limited to, on-campus interview registration, preparation of all interviewer binders and marketing materials, scheduling call-back interviews, soliciting interview evaluations, maintaining candidate files and generating reports. Prepare offer decision packets. Send callback invitation, reject and no offer correspondence to candidates. Coordinate offer dinners and other candidate follow-up activities.
• Assist with all aspects of the 1L hiring process.
• Set-up and attend all local Chicago on-campus interview events, hospitality suites and other recruitment events.
• Prepare and update welcome packet communications and forms for summer associates and first year associates.
• Maintain the recruiting database, ViRecruit, and complete the entry of all candidate data and interview schedules into database; coordinate with marketing department to post jobs on Kattenlaw.com website and other job websites/sourcing avenues. Prepare all lateral associate interview schedules, maintain lateral associate candidate files and recruitment reports. Assist with lateral associate interview scheduling and greet candidates as needed.
• Assist with the Chicago and Charlotte office preparation of the NALP form and other recruiting related survey responses.
• Coordinate registration and all logistical details for all Chicago and Charlotte office diversity and law student recruitment events.
• Assist Director of Attorney Recruitment with developing and implementing firm-wide social media content and strategy related to attorney recruitment.
• Process checks and expense reimbursement requests for candidates and other department expenses.
• Administer BarBri registration and payment, MPRE tracking, Bar Exam registrations and relocation and moving payments for incoming associates.
• Assist in preparing reports on various aspects of the legal market.
• Participate in internal meetings and calls within the Attorney Recruitment Department. Actively contribute to Attorney Recruitment planning and strategy.
• Perform special projects for the Director of Attorney Recruitment and East Coast Attorney Recruiting Manager as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES • Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of attorney recruitment experience, in a large law firm or similar organization is required. • Must be willing to work occasional overtime, especially during peak recruitment season and the summer associate program. • Computer proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel for formatting graphs, charts and other visual methods of presenting information. Knowledge of viDesktop/viRecruit is beneficial as well. • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, candidates, clients, staff, and outside contacts. • Exceptional organizational, planning, and project management skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e mail, or verbally. • Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow. • Dependable team player with high energy, creativity, and vision who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently within scope of the position’s responsibilities as a decision-maker and contributor on all levels. • Attention to detail is necessary. • Ability to work overtime during peak periods of the recruiting process. • When required, ability and availability to travel in connection with on-campus recruiting and law school outreach.
If you would like to be considered for this great opportunity, please submit a resume; cover letter describing the reason for your interest, and the unique qualifications that you possess that will make you successful in this role. Additionally, please include your salary expectation.
To apply for this position, click the link: Chicago - Attorney Recruiting Coordinator
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution; transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies. Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA-M/F/SO/Disability/Veteran.