McGuireWoods LLP has an opening for an Attorney Recruiting Manager in our Chicago office. The Manager is responsible for all aspects of attorney hiring and the summer program including, coordinating on-campus interviews, scheduling call-back interviews, and generating reports. The ideal candidate will have five years of experience in a law firm or professional services environment. The Attorney Recruiting Manager will interface with attorneys, law school representatives and candidates and should be a positive depiction of the firm.
McGuireWoods LLP is a global law firm with a legacy reaching back more than 175 years. We are strong in the traditional legal practices such as litigation and corporate law, but we are also leaders in rapidly expanding fields such as data privacy and security, the life sciences, private equity, and healthcare, among many others. We offer the opportunity to grow through an extensive range of legal practice areas and industries, and to work in locations around the world. Perhaps the most attractive aspect of joining our firm is the opportunity to work with our lawyers and leaders, all of whom reflect the value McGuireWoods places on experience, talent and diversity. For more information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com.
• Manage the attorney recruitment including the on-campus interview process, Summer Associate program and lateral hiring.
• Assess attorney needs, consulting with department heads and obtaining necessary management approval to effectively recruit and meet department/firm needs.
• Draft and post attorney job postings and advertisements to aid in the recruiting process.
• Review resumes, transcripts and writing samples in order to select the most qualified candidates.
• Coordinate all phases of the lateral attorney interview process, including the initial screening/phone interview and call back interviews for local and out of town candidates.
• Organize the on campus interview process with law schools and job fairs annually. Select dates for on campus interviews, schedule interviewers, set up hospitality suites on campus, screen resumes, prepare packets for interviewers and prepare report for law schools.
• Manage and coordinate the Summer Associate Program and all pre-arrival and follow-up details including, but not limited to, attorney evaluation, tracker pairing, mentor assignments, plan and attend all social events/activities, training programs, orientation, project assignments and housing assistance. Develop and monitor firm-wide standards for the summer associate programs of each office.
• Assist in preparation and monitoring of attorney recruiting and summer associate budget.
• Customarily and regularly direct the work of the Attorney Recruiting Coordinator.
A. EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Requires Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years law firm recruiting experience.
B. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to multi-task in a deadline driven environment and to manage large projects while maintaining attention to detail.
• Requires the ability to accurately assess client needs and select the most qualified candidates based on that assessment.
• Must have strong prioritization and organizational skills, effective communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of firm personnel.
• Able to handle pressure situations while maintaining professionalism.
• PC Skills to include Word, Excel, Lawcruit and other firm provided software.
• Substantial amount of travel required to visit various law schools and to the offices in which they manage.