Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking a Recruiting Manager to join the Chicago office. The successful candidate will oversee all processes and initiatives involved in the recruiting of non-partner attorneys and administrative staff members in all offices. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to the Firm in a highly visible role, working directly with the Director of Talent Development, Diversity and Human Resources and the Chief Operating Partner as well as the Employment Committee and other members of the dynamic Recruiting, Professional Development, Diversity and Human Resources team.
- Manage summer associate program, including orientation, training, social events and evaluations.
- Oversee the yearly on-campus interview processes for the Firm’s Summer Associate Program, Finance Law Summer Internship Program and Finance Law Development Program.
- Formulate overall recruiting strategy for the Firm, including but not limited to the selection and maintenance of job posting sources and select social media accounts; selecting and staffing recruiting events for Firm representation and outreach; and periodically reviewing policies and procedures to ensure continued relevance, recommending changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate attorney and administrative staff searches for all six of Chapman’s offices, including interfacing with search firms, screening resumes, providing oversight for the interview process (both live and web-based) and negotiating offers.
- Supervise successful candidates’ conflicts checks, references, background checks, and bar admission verification processes.
- Complete surveys on behalf of the Firm and compile relevant data to assist other departments with survey responses, RFPs and client requests.
- Assist with organization, planning and execution of firm-wide events and staff recognition programs.
- Provide back-up coverage for the Human Resources, Professional Development and Diversity functions as requested.
- College degree required.
- 5-7 years of prior experience in a professional services environment; preference will be given to candidates with law firm and/or law school experience.
- Prior supervisory/management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the on-campus recruiting process for law students and/or undergraduates.
- Past experience working with search firms and staffing agencies to fill open positions.
- Familiarity with Human Resources principles as they relate to the recruiting process (i.e. employment law, ethics in interviewing).
- Comfort in a teamwork-oriented environment, interfacing with employees at all levels of the Firm.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Superior writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong analytical skills; able to draw conclusions from data, assess implications and make recommendations.
- Committed to customer/client service; professional demeanor and discretion required given the amount of confidential information involved in the work of this individual.
- Must be available outside of normal office hours as workload requires.
If you are interested, please click here to be directed to our online application. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.