Skadden's Chicago Office is seeking an Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator to coordinate all aspects of attorney recruiting including on-campus interview process, Summer Associate Program and lateral hiring. This person will also coordinate attorney development and training programs.
Candidates with three or more years of direct experience in a law firm plus two years of demonstrated leadership experience could be hired as a Senior Coordinator.
Provides support for the Attorney Development and Recruiting Department. Coordinates attorney recruiting including on-campus interview process, Summer Associate Program and lateral hiring. Coordinates attorney development and training.
• Coordinates all aspects of lateral and on-campus interview (OCI) processes: plans and organizes the OCI calendar and on-campus events, including coordination of diversity initiatives; prepares and distributes interview schedules and information packets for interviewers; gathers interview evaluations; and schedules callback interviews.
• Coordinates all aspects of the summer associate program: helps plan and execute social events and training programs; on-boards summer associates; and facilitates the work distribution and evaluation processes.
• Coordinates and assists with planning attorney training programs.
• Oversees the planning of events, including attending such events.
• Maintains the applicant tracking database (LawCruit) and attorney files.
• Maintains and updates the CE Manager and PCAM databases with new courses and CLE certificate entries and prepares materials for CLE Trainings.
• Responsible for training department team members and delegating tasks as necessary.
• Responsible for vendor and event contracts: makes revisions per firm policies and preferences; negotiates rates; and coordinates approval between the firm's General Counsel and vendors.
• Assists with budget preparation, tracking, and statistical reporting.
• Acts as a point of contact for attorneys, summer associates and applicants.
• Coordinates Mentor Program and Rising Associate Mentor Program (RAMP).
• Answers phones, processes department expenses, maintains spreadsheets, and performs other administrative duties as needed.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
• Manages Firm resources responsibly.
• Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
• Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software (e.g., LawCruit, CE Manager, Symplicity) and operating systems
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrates close attention to detail
• Self-starter with a strong initiative and leadership skills
• Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
• Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
• Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
• Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs (e.g., attend evening events, sometimes with short notice and with increased frequency during peak periods of the recruiting cycle)
• Flexibility to travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of two years recruiting, development, and/or program coordination experience in a professional services environment.
Note: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of responsibilities, skills and efforts. Nor are they intended to form a contractual relationship between the employee and the Firm. Rather, they are intended to be accurate reflections of the essential elements of the job.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.