Seyfarth Shaw has an exciting opportunity for an experienced recruiting professional to help implement the recruiting strategy as part of a broader investment the Firm is making in its recruiting, professional development and talent management functions. Seyfarth Shaw has more than 900 attorneys in the U.S., London, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney and serves as a national platform and an international gateway to serve the changing business and legal needs in litigation, employment, corporate, real estate and employee benefits.
The Regional Sr. Legal Recruiting Manager will oversee recruiting and hiring for all entry-level, lateral, and partner level attorneys in Chicago and Houston. This position works directly with the recruiting team, department chairs, office managing partners and hiring partners.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
• Manage the full cycle recruiting process by fostering/building relationships with key stakeholders in the Firm
• Source attorney candidates effectively using a wide variety of methods including job postings, internal referral program, websites, networks, diversity organizations, career services offices and search firms
• Work with talent development and department/practice group heads to help determine staffing needs
• Strong knowledge and professional relationships in local legal city groups and other organizations related to the legal industry
• Possess the ability to analyze recruiting trends and implement strategies to best directly source lateral candidates.
• Oversee the Summer Fellow Program by working with the recruiting coordinators and other team members
• Supervise and mentor other recruiting team members
• Collaborate with the recruiting team, talent development team, diversity action team, office administrators and other administrative departments to further firm-wide initiatives and promote best practices
• Collaborate on national projects as necessary
• Possess excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills, an ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple and shifting priorities and the ability to communicate effectively with others. Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of responsibility and will be proactive and a self-starter.
• Have demonstrated leadership ability that promotes an environment of collaboration, teamwork and a culture of high performance.
• Share and demonstrate Seyfarth Shaw’s core values of teamwork, client service, innovation, excellence and commitment.
• viRecruit, WorkDay or other applicant tracking system experience is required
• A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of seven years of law firm recruiting experience
• Flexibility to adjust hours and travel (approximately 30% per year) is required.
• Previous supervisory experience strongly desired